Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mommy and Daddy Date Night...

So last night Mommy and Daddy went out all dressed up and left me with Granna, Jessie and Uncle Raaj. I was a little worried because before they left Jessie was changing my diaper and had put the thing on backwards!!!!! Mommy had to tell him to fix it. I could see it in her eyes that she just did not want to leave after that...but I smiled to let her know that it was okay.


I liked Granna watching me because she let me stay up past bedtime, but I kinda had an up past my bedtime meltdown around 9:30pm...she didn't know that was going to happen even though Mommy told her that I needed to be sleep by 8:30pm. She did great calming me down though. I started going to sleep in her arms and the next thing I knew I was going into my nursery. I mean, I have never slept in there before so I thought that she was just going to rock me in that chair like Mommy and Daddy do. But she put me down in that bed that is in there....and man was it comfy!!! I fell right to sleep.

When I woke up for my midnight feeding it was Mommy standing over me!!! I was so excited that I refused to go back in my crib to sleep. Why should I...with Mommy and Daddy back everything was back to normal. Mommy told me that they had a heart attack when they came home and Granna told them that I was in my crib. Daddy turned on the night monitor and was just staring at it...he even said that he thought that I was not comfortable (even though I was sleeping peacefully) and that Mommy should bring me into the bed with them. How funny is that!!!

So all in all it was a good first night without Mommy or Daddy. I am sure that there will be more nights like that, but I have a strange feeling that they will be few and far between!!

Oh and today is Daddy's Birthday...Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!! (more pictures to come)
(everyone went to dinner at Two Urban Licks)

No comments: