Monday, December 1, 2008

Recovering...

Since Aiden is still recovering from his first Thanksgiving, first adult birthday dinner and his Baptism I, his Mommy, will be handling this post.

Aiden had a very hectic end to last week. His Auntie Talia and cousin Garyson arrived on Wednesday for the week and we were running around all day. Aiden and Garyson got along so well and were too cute together. Once I find my camera I will post some of those pictures. Then that night I was up late packing Aiden an overnight bag because we planned on staying the night at GrandPaul's house Thanksgiving night.

So we got up early on Thursday so Mommy could let her monkey bread rise then pack for Paul and I. After a quick nap for Aiden on the car ride over...we got to GrandPaul's house about 1pm and Aiden's GreatGran was too excited to be the first to spend some time with him. Then Uncle Travis and Lauren spent some time with him. I tried to sneak off to get a nap because Mommy was exhausted. I think I was sleep about an hour and a half (with one eye open) when I heard Aiden continuously crying. He was sleepy of course because he had only had about 20 minutes sleep and it is about 4pm by now. He would have had 2 naps by then on a normal day. He once again didn't get to sleep long before the house started filling up with people that were so happy to finally meet him. It was funny watching him trying to take it all in. He was passed around more than a collection plate...lol.

I got to eat (quickly...thanks Mel) by myself and then gave him a bath so we could wind down for bedtime. I left him with Daddy and cousin Marquel to put him to sleep, but he was only sleep for a little while before he was woken by all the noise. Finally he could not take it anymore and had a full meltdown. Poor baby.

I think he knew that he was not at home that night because he woke up a lot. But Friday he hung with Daddy and Uncle Godfather Travis all day so Mommy and Granna could get things together for the brunch after the Baptism that was taking place the next morning. Aiden got a total of 30 minutes of nap time ALL DAY on Friday. Then that night we went to a jazz club/restaurant called Sambuca's for She Ma-Ma's birthday dinner. He slept thru most of it and I was not surprised because he had to be tuckered out. He woke up towards the end in time to meet his wonderful Godmommy Jewel who came straight from the airport. We got home late but he slept much better from the night before.

We had to get up early on Saturday to get him ready for his Baptism that was to start at 10am. He Baptism outfit was SOO cute...thanks Godfather Uncle Travis...and fit him perfectly. The Baptism was beautiful and very well attended...Aiden is a loved little boy. He was very well behaved thru the majority of the ceremony, until the very end and picture time. He was of course hungry and very tired. Once we got to Granna's house he was up for a little while but then fell asleep out of pure exhaustion. He slept from about 1:30pm to almost 7pm!!!!

Mommy and Godmommy Jewel went out to dinner and drinks and boy did I need that. Paul let me know that he gave Aiden his bath and while he was reading him a story he fell asleep. He slept almost ALL night and slept quite a bit the next day.

All in all it was a very eventful weekend for Aiden and I think that he handled it pretty well. I am happy that his family was able to spend some real time with him because every time they see him he looks totally different. Daddy is in the process of editing all the photos from this weekend so be on the look out for those. He has some really good ones.

Next up...Christmas day in Atlanta with Uncle Raaj and then going to Murfreesboro he next day to spend time with the other third of his family. Yay!!!

No comments: