Sunday, December 14, 2008

Teething anyone????

Okay so this is Mommy doing this post as Aiden sleeps peacefully next to me on the bed. I have been saying for a couple weeks now that I think Aiden is teething (As Paul looks at me in disbelief...he thinks that I am crazy half the time), despite him being just a little older than 3 months!!! So Daddy sent me a text last week while I was in a meeting finally agreeing that he thinks that Aiden is teething. He has been unusually cranky, he sticks his WHOLE fist in his mouth to chew on, you would think he has a leacky faucit in his mouth as much as he drools, and the big 2 give aways for me were that he was only taking 15-30 minute naps and not eating all 6 ounces at at time. Aiden LOVES to eat and sleep so those were obvious signs for me.

I of course go on Super Mommy mode and hit up every Mommy I know to see what I can give him. On my way home from the meeting I pick up baby oragel and infant tylenol (thanks Auntie Talia), but decide not to give him anything until I speak with the advice nurse at the doctors office since ALL the doses say 4 months and older...and Aiden is not quite there yet. They said thumbs up to the tylenol and thumbs down to the oragel (it can contain alcohol which is a no no for infants his age). I gave him the tylenol while I was still on the phone with the lady, and for the first time in almost a week he slept for 2 hours during the day...my baby was feeling better!!!!!

I also froze one of his washcloths and let him chew on that...which he loved, as he sucked the water out of the washcloth...lol. He is still a little cranky every now and then but he is doing much better and that makes me happy.Oh and he really likes it when I massage his gums with my finger. Nothing worse than your baby not feeling well and you knowing about it.

What's is up next you ask? Well Aiden's Uncle Raaj will be here on Wednesday for the holidays, we (the three of us) have a holiday party to go to Thursday night, Mommy and Daddy are going out for the first time since he has been born on Friday night (Granna and Uncle Raaj will be babysitting) and then Daddy's birthday is on Saturday. Don't tell Daddy but Aiden got him a really good gift!!! I am sure that Daddy will be posting pictures of everything not to long after.

Have a fabulous week!!!!!

No comments: